This is the perfect dish for the party season. It’s ooey, gooey cheesy loveliness and so easy to make. In fact you can make it well ahead of time and then pop it in the oven when you need to serve it.
BAKED CHEESE & CARAMELIZED RED ONION VIDEO RECIPE
- 1 Red Onions, Finely sliced.
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Knob Butter
- Pinch Sugar
- 300g 10oz Gruyere Grated
- 3 Ybs. Cream Cheese
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbs Whipping Cream
- Crust Bread
- White Truffle Oil
- Parsley, Finely Chopped
- Get a large pan on a medium heat, add a little olive oil and start sweating the Onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once they have some colour add the butter move it a round and then pop a lid on, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes. (this will help soften the onions.
- Remove the lid add a pinch of sugar cook for another 10 minutes, gentle heat until carmalelised.
- Add the cheese, cream cheese whipping and black pepper into a large bowl, using a spatula mix it all together.
- Add a layer of the caramelised red onions in the bottom of the baking dish or tapas dish. Spoon in the cheese mixture. And wipe the sides clean.
- Top with some more of the red onions and some finely chopped parsley.
- Bake it in the oven 200oC / 400 oF for 10-15 minutes or until it is bubbling golden and delicious
- Serve with some crusty bread and a little drizzle of white truffle oil., if you want to make it even more luxurious.
BAKED CHEESE & CARAMELIZED RED ONIONS PRINTABLE RECIPES
Baked Cheese Printable pdf
BAKED CHEESE & CARAMELIZED RED ONION GALLERY